Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The English Club

Tonight I was honored to be the guest speaker at the KMUST English Club. The club consists of about 100 students from various majors. They come together to speak the language and to learn about the cultures of English speaking countries. I spoke for a few minutes on American cultural expectations of invitations to a dinner/party at someone's home. Then, a Q & A on anything related to U.S. culture. I answered some very insightful questions ranging in topics from American football to politics for two hours!

Some of tonight's club attendees:


This young man is preparing a thank-you gift for me.


Traditional brush and ink caligraphy is a true art.


The end result: a wish for a long life filled with happiness! I couldn't ask for anything more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.